Skip to main content

The day when Taj was attacked..

It started all at the Leopold cafe just a street away from my current address. For the last 5 years I have been living in colaba and visit "Taj" and the "Leopold" very often. They both being a stone throw away from my office were often used for our business meetings and birthday bashes . On the fateful night of November 26 when they were attacked I was in the office working late and catching up the cricket match. I was about to go down at exactly 9:30 for having my dinner and would have crossed Leopold on my way to "Olympia" one of the other food joints. I was alerted by the peon who went down to grab his dinner. He called me and told me to stay indoors and lock the office from inside. I was the only one left in the office.

For the next whole day I was locked inside the office watching the horror unfolding on TV and catching the glimse of Taj from my office window. It was bombed burned and sprayed with bullets for the next 62 hours. I along with the whole country watched helplessly as they killed our men women and children mercilessly. They came here to kill and they did with such intensity that it left us all scarred. Our cities have been bombed in the past and innocent citizens have been killed but as always we have just done nothing to prevent such incidents.

I know this incident too will be forgotten like all other attacks and we will get back to normal waiting for some other incident to happen and in the meantime watch the country being raped by corrupt politicians. We as a citizen of this country have zero security and we must be fooling ourselves if we believe this political class of ours is going to deliver a safe environment to us. Terrorism is a cancer of this country. Though it is caused by various political reasons its effects are always devastating.

We all know about the problem but what is the solution. We must agree that this problem does not have a single line solution. It needs treatment on political, economic , social and military level. We need a better breed of politicians to treat this menance , economic and social upliftment of the millions of downtrodden who gives the fodder to the fire of extrimism. The pan india agency on the lines of army to tackle terror on both national and international scale and a zero tolerance to terror approach.
It is not a one day job I know and I can wait to breathe in a safe , secure and prosperous India. In the meantime what I can do as a common man is to atleast do my duties of putting effort towards changing our political class and do my bit in economic upliftment of this country. I hope the country never forgets this attack and may it be a turning point in the history of our country.

Comments

poo said…
glad atleast that you stayed in, and never came out like the other curious onlookers and well so brave media people. thats one act o responsibility. ur right its tough to change it in one day, but change has to be driven by everyone. not sure how much push this govt needs to act. but surely it needs one.

http://blog.poonamparihar.com
Kenneth said…
I'm glad you're safe.

Sentiments well echoed.

Popular posts from this blog

Socialism and Individualism

I have discussed and debated at length about pros and cons of Socialism and Individualism with lots of people and have gained a lot from these conversations. I just want to summarize my views on these two contrasting systems. Individualism as a system emphasize on individual freedom, choice and reward over group laws and rules where as the socialism requires preference of social obligations over individual choice and freedom. Anyone can point out numerous flaws in both the systems in isolation but these two system can hardly survive of their own. It is the relative density of these two systems among cultures which decide its fate. We can observe various societies and nation states around the globe and conclude that political and social forces determine the density of either of the systems. Now the question arises what is a perfect mix for maximizing well being among all humans. If we increase individual or capitalistic pursuit we will have a free market society. This system will reward...

Philosphy of mating

' Behind every great women there is a man...............checking out her ass .' I cannot agree more. Love Sex n Relationships are hotly read and debated topics and I have written about them in many of my previous posts. So whats new this time? Nothing much except that you can never write enough about them. I am not a relationship guru and I don't intend to be one so its just my take on things. When I talk about love in this post I just mean romantic love between couples so the deduction and inference may or may not hold for other relationships. Different Stages of Love 1) Attraction and lust - Romantic relationships starts with attraction. Well it may not be physical attraction only but couples get attracted to one quality or the other. We as humans have so many physical and personality traits which affect different people differently. Some one may find reading books a great hobby some one may just find it boring so relationship starts when one find the other attracti...

Morality..

Have you ever pondered why is morality necessary in life? Why our parents want us to be truthful, honest and humble. Why do we hate liars and hypocrites? Why there are numerous stories about the virtue of Good and how every time good wins over the evil in the long run. Are we good because there is an almighty god looking over us and we will be burnt in hell if we do something bad. Are people in general good because they are afraid of God. To me we are more good than evil because that is a logical thing to do. "Good" here i must emphasize symbolizes the greater good of our civilization and human race. It may be relative on an individual basis but on a macro scale being good or having all the positive qualities we hear about is logical and in fact very necessary for the very survival. Imagine a world where its OK to rob your neighbor and bring home their money and goods. With the same logic it should also be OK when one of our neighbors mugged us up. You can clearly visualize ...